Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 6: Wanaka

In Wanaka we woke up early and took sunrise pics on the lake with our tripods. Everyone made fun of me with my little tiny tripod but I still love it!! Miles was the master chef and made eggs for everyone and we later went to a main attraction…Puzzle World. It was full of optical illusions, a wooden maze, tilted rooms that make you nauseous, and an illusion room used in Lord of the Rings. Puzzle World was actually more fun than it sounds. We were ironically exhausted from walking/intensely running the maze trying to find all four towers, but Peter and Gimena decided to take us on a “trail.” The trail turned into the steepest hill hike that was death when I walked with my leggings and yoga pants and triple layered jackets. But, I kept to the front of the pack and “trained for Fiji.” Once we got to the top, the view was the most amazing thing ever; it is hard to describe the beauty from this mountain that we climbed. We took some time to sit, close our eyes, and realize the beauty. Mountains, lakes, glaciers, and greenery surrounded us as we took panoramic pictures!! That night we went back to our Holiday Park Home and did laundry, which took about 3 hours!! We ordered in some “classic” pizza which I guess is a food your can find all over the world. We did some light painting at night (Keviin’s expertise).

No comments:

Post a Comment