Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 15: Airport

As I sit at the Christchurch airport in New Zealand we find out some bad news. Our flight to Auckland, NZ has been canceled due to the ash from the Chile volcano that circled the world once and now is interfering with flights. We arrived at the airport at 6:30 and waited until 10:00 to talk to Qantas/Jet Star to rebook a flight. Well, the next flight to Auckland is tomorrow morning, but we just found out that we can’t leave the country because of ash. So as of now, it looks like no Fiji for us. We are waiting to hear more news, but right now we are sitting at the Burger King in the Christchurch airport blogging away and looking up flight plans to figure out how the hell we are getting out of the country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment