Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 19: Fiji 2

Kevin, Bri, Van, Gemina, and I went out on a fishing trip at 8 while everyone else stayed back to tan and swim. With a fabricated story of how we almost caught 5 yellow finned tuna, we returned with a not so successful trip. But, I loved being able to see the island from the boat out in the beautiful sun! We got back and only had time for lunch, a shower, and packing. We headed out on a 3 hour bus ride back to Nadi where we stopped for a mini shopping session. We boarded the Air Pacific plane and headed to LAX. We landed in LAX to board to Houston. Off we went!! Now I'm home in my comfy home! I am so happy to see my family but all I can think of is how much I already miss New Zealand and Fiji. It is so easy to get used to those mountains, ocean, and gorgeous landscape, but Houston is my home. I know that I must go back to Fiji and New Zealand again! Who knows how long from now, but I have loved every second of my three week adventure. It is hard to reminisce without getting emotional!! I love all the people that I have been able to get to know!! I'm back home safe and sound!! Off to a work day at Spring Woods tomorrow at 11:30...hopefully I'm not too jet lagged.

No comments:

Post a Comment